QwikLug®Terminal Repair Kits
Terminal Repair Kit. Patented QwikLug® easily attaches to damaged or corroded spade connectors, quickly and easily solving the problem of a compressor with pitted or severely corroded spade terminals.
SKU: QT2800, QT2810, QT2812, QT2910, QT2912
Tightens quickly from the front with a Phillips head screwdriver. Has a durable brass interior shielded by nylon exterior to prevent shorting.
Most technicians have encountered the problem of a compressor with pitted or severely corroded spade terminals. The start-up current surge of repeated hot summer cycling eventually destroys the spade connector, sometimes leaving nothing but a corroded round post.
Mainstream has developed a patented product, QwikLug®, to solve this problem. QwikLug® easily attaches to damaged or corroded spade connectors. We have considered the difficulty in these field installations - the lack of space around these spade terminals - and have developed a solution. Simply push the QwikLug® connector on and tighten it from the front with a Phillips screwdriver. QwikLug® comes with color coded leads for connecting to existing wiring (Leads not included with QT2800). The outer connector housing is a nylon insulator so the connectors can touch without shorting.
- QT2800 - 3 Lugs / Male Spades / NO Wire
- QT2810 - 10 AWG / 2 ft. Leads with nut
- QT2812 - 12 AWG / 2 ft. Leads with nut
- QT2910 - 10 AWG / 4 ft. Leads with spade
- QT2912 - 12 AWG / 4 ft. Leads with spade
- Disconnect power.
- Clean damaged or corroded terminals.
- Verify crimped connector is inserted into QwikLug® body with spade pressed against the long flat side of the opening. Crimped connector fits between terminal and screw.
- Slide QwikLug® over terminal and tighten screw with Phillips screwdriver.
- Attach QwikLug® lead to the unit (leads not included with QT2800).