QwikDescaler+®Concentrate and Kit
QT7711 QwikDescaler+ Kit™ Complete descaler kit includes: 1 qt. concentrated descaler solution, mixing tank, circulation pump (500gph) and all necessary hoses to clean tankless water heater. QT7710 QwikDescaler+™ (1 Gallon) Concentrated biodegradable Calcium, Lime, Rust & Scale Remover. 1 gallon makes 6 gallons. QT7712 QwikDescaler+™ (1 Quart) Concentrated biodegradable Calcium, Lime, Rust & Scale Remover. 1 quart makes 6 quarts.
SKU: QT7710, QT7711, QT7712
- Quickly dissolves water scale, lime, rust, and other water formed deposits.
- Restores full efficiency to heat exchangers, heaters, tankless water heaters and any other appliances where flow passages must be kept free of mineral deposits
- Keeping heating passages free of mineral deposits significantly improves efficiency, conserves energy, reduces engergy costs and extends the life of equipment.
- Unique Color indicating Chemistry...Tells you when more Descaling solution is needed and when cleaning is complete
- At working strength, the descaling solution will appear reddish. When the descaling solution is exhausted and no longer working, it turns yellowish indicating that more QwikDescaler+™ should be added. The system is clean when the reddish color is retained for 10 minutes.
- Safely Restores Equipment to Full Efficiency and Opens Flow Passages
- Calcium scale deposits cause significant reductions in heat transfer, resulting in reduced efficiency, reduced capacity and increased energy costs. A thin layer of scale, as small as three hundreths of an inch (0.03 inch), can increase energy consumption and the cost of operation by 30%.
- Disconnect power or turn off gas to water heater.
- Close hot and cold isolation and service valves and remove service caps.
- Pour 5 quarts of water into bucket and place under unit being serviced.
- Connect one end of black hose to pump and the other end to the cold service valve of the water heater.
- Place pump in bucket.
- Add 1 quart of QwikDescaler+™ solution to bucket of water. Liquid should just cover pump housing. (NEVER allow pump to run without adequate liquid in bucket or damage to the pump will occur.)
- Connect one end of clear hose to hot service valve and place the other end in the bucket.
- Open both the hot and cold service valves.
- Plug the pump into a properly grounded receptacle.
- Allow pump to circulate QwikDescaler+™ solution throughout the water heater system for at least 10 minutes. If the solution turns yellow, add 1 quart QwikDescaler+™ and circulate for 10 more minutes.
- Unplug the pump. Close the cold service valve, remove the hose and replace the service cap.
- Disconnect the black hose from the pump and remove the pump from the bucket.
- Properly discard of any remaining QwikDescaler+™
- Flush the tankless water heater for 3-5 minutes or until water flows clear by opening the cold isolation valve and allowing water to exit through the hot service valve into a drain (if available) or into the bucket. Empty as necessary.
- Close the hot service valve. Remove the clear hose from the service valve and replace service cap; then open the hot isolation valve.
- Reconnect power or turn on gas to water heater and return appliance to service.
- Be certain to flush QwikDescaler+™ Kit hoses, bucket & pump with clean water and allow to dry prior to storing.