QwikPad® for Generators and Accessories
QwikPad® for Generators is a lightweight, easy-to-install generator pad that meets wind loading requirements up to 180 mph. Includes corrosion-resistant stainless steel mounting hardware specific to the mounted generator model.
SKU: QT8200, QT8210, QT8215, QT8220, QT8230, QT8240
This product has received Florida Product Approval #FL27646 in accordance with the Florida Building Code - Seventh Edition (2020).
Engineering Documentation (Digitally Signed)
This product has been tested by a nationally recognized, independent research and development laboratory and deemed compliant with Section 4.1.4 and Section A.22.214.171.124.2 of the Annex of NFPA 37 (2018), Standard for the Installation and Use of Stationary Combustion Engines and Gas Turbines.
The Florida Building Code rated generator support pad is lightweight when purchased, but weighs enough to meet code requirements up to 180 mph wind loading when filled with water and secured with stainless steel hardware (supplied). Each pad includes a unique gelling agent that, once water is added, forms a solidus gel. Optional ground and concrete anchors provide additional hurricane protection when needed. U.S. Patent #10,557,589 and other Patents Pending
|QwikPad® P/N||Description of Generator to be Mounted|
|QT8200||Universal Pad (includes hardware for Generac/Honeywell and Kohler RES/RCA Generators)|
|QT8210||For Briggs and Stratton® 17/20 kW Steel Enclosure Generators (hardware included)|
|QT8215||For Briggs and Stratton® 17/20/26 kW Power Protection Series Generators (hardware included)|
|QT8220||For Briggs and Stratton® 20 kW Aluminum Enclosure Generators (hardware included)|
|QT8230||For Generac/Honeywell® 9-26 kW Generators (hardware included)|
|QT8240||For Kohler® 14/20 kW RES/RCA Generators (hardware included)|
*SEE FULL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED WITH PRODUCT PURCHASE, OR DOWNLOAD THE PDF HERE
NOTE: In areas that experience freezing temperatures, only fill the QwikPad® for Generators 80% full for increased lifetime. This can be done by only filling the pad with water to a depth of 3 inches – when filling, use a dip-stick or straw to periodically check liquid height. With 80% fill, you can meet wind load ratings of 125 MPH+ without anchors and 175 MPH+ with anchors for all supported generator models.
- Choose acceptable equipment pad size and anchoring method that meets wind loading requirements in your area. Use the load tables included with the QwikPad® for Generators.
- Tip pad towards fill port corner. This will cause gelling agent to collect near fill port for proper distribution when filling.
- If necessary, embed pad 1" deep in level compacted ground. Otherwise, simply place pad on level compacted ground in desired location.
- Fill pad with tap water - DO NOT OVERFILL. Water will solidify into gel over time.
- Install concrete or ground anchors, when required.
- Secure the equipment to the pad using included hardware and tie-down assemblies.